Sunnyside Dental is Here to Help
When taking care of your oral health, it helps to consider yourself in partnership with your dentist. By taking proper care of your teeth and oral health, you can make your dental visits quick and easy, and feel confident that you’re doing everything you can to maintain a dazzling smile. Our incredible team at Sunnyside Dental have put together an action plan to keep you grinning ear to ear.
Daily Oral Health Routine
Having a great daily routine helps keep your smile bright and healthy. We recommend the following practices.
- Brush and floss at least twice a day. Keeping your gums clean and free of debris and plaque is essential to maintaining good oral health. By brushing and flossing regularly, even after every meal, you eliminate plaque-causing bacteria and sugars from your mouth.
- Practice good brush technique. We suggest brushing down from the top of the gums and in even, circular motions. Take your time and make sure you get to the very back of your teeth and gums.
- Change your toothbrush regularly. If the bristles are damaged, worn down, or broken, they have a harder time getting into those hard to reach places. We recommend replacing your toothbrush every three months, or after you recover from a cold or flu.
- Brush your tongue.Remove bad breath causing bacteria and plaque by including your tongue in your brushing routine.
- Floss daily. This helps improve gum health and removes problematic plaque and debris from the small crevices and spaces between your teeth. After you finish flossing, alcohol-free mouthwash helps keep your breath minty fresh.
- Follow the Canadian Dental Association’s five-step guideline for great oral health.
Staying on top of your oral health is easy to do when you come in for regular cleanings. Oftentimes, our staff can spot and treat dental issues during regular cleanings before they develop into problems. Book your cleanings and checkups with our team at Sunnyside Dental and catch problems before they start.
Regular dental checkups support your long-term dental health and have cosmetic benefits as well. Your dental health team is trained to look for early signs of potential issues such as cavities, loose fillings, even oral cancer. Your checkup and cleaning can help mitigate bad breath and give you information on future cosmetic procedures. Finally, by discovering these issues before they grow worse, you can save yourself time and money in the future.
The Canadian Dental Association has reviewed recent reports from the World Health Organization and recommend that Canadians continue with regular checkups and cleanings during Covid-19. Follow your dentist’s health and safety guidelines to ensure a safe and easy appointment. At Sunnyside Dental, we require patients to book appointments ahead of time and we maintain the highest standards of hygiene in our office.
Looking to the Future
For many people, having a straight, white smile is a high priority when it comes to their dental health. A bright smile can boost confidence in job interviews, social situations, and romantic encounters. By planning for a great smile now, you can have the confidence it takes to smile big and conquer every day.
Sunnyside Dental offers complimentary 30-minute consultations to discuss our Invisalign® treatments. Invisalign is a comfortable and quick way to straighten your smile and correct alignment issues, such as teeth crowding or overbites. Take the time to consult with Dr. Jaana today and you can have the perfect smile before you know it!
We love to see you smile, and can’t wait to help you be over-the-moon happy with your healthy new grin. Contact our friendly and professional team today by calling us at 250-764-7794 to book your appointment.